If you don’t have long-term disability insurance, your financial future might be in peril. If your claim is denied before you submit it, you may not have given enough consideration to how it will affect your life.
This assumption is taken for granted by those who have disability insurance coverage and feel their claims are genuine. Many quickly discover that the procedure isn’t as straightforward as they had hoped; their claim is rejected and then face a lengthy appeals process that delays financial assistance.
Long-term disability lawyers can aid in this situation. Attorney Nancy L. Cavey and the disability insurance companies help clients from the first filing and appeals stage through litigation in state and federal courts. It is their mission to help you achieve the benefits you are entitled to as soon and cost-effectively as they can.
REASONS TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF A LONG-TERM DISABILITY LAWYER
If you’re choosing whether or not to hire an attorney, there are a few factors to keep in mind:
- Your Monetary Well-Being Is At Stake: You’ve got a lot of money on the line. In the absence of your long-term disability benefits, you may find yourself in debt or possibly in bankruptcy. Social Security disability may be your sole option if your impairment is long-term.
- The Insurance Company’s: The insurer company has a strong financial motive to reject your claim because of all the money at risk. Long-term disability claims are extensively examined by adjusters, who search for insufficient evidence or policy gaps that might explain a refusal. To deny you coverage, they may ask you for personal information to process your claim.
- Conditional Exclusions: Medical testing cannot verify fibromyalgia or other autoimmune issues in most long-term disability insurance, thus these ailments are often excluded. There may also be restrictions on compensation for problems resulting from alcoholism, drug misuse, or mental illness.
- Prior Conditions: While pre-existing conditions are already protected by the law in healthcare insurance, long-term disability policies generally exclude conditions that existed before the start of coverage under your long-term disability policy. The insurance provider will attempt to refuse coverage if your debilitating condition is connected to a pre-existing ailment.
- It’s A Matter Of File Size And Complexity: Your doctor’s word is not enough to have your claim approved. A high degree of medical evidence is required to establish a person’s inability to work. Many conditions cannot be verified via testing, but this includes diagnostic testing. Vertigo, persistent discomfort, and exhaustion are among symptoms that need a variety of expert verifications.
To show your incapacity, you will need the assistance of both your physicians and other expert witnesses such as vocational specialists, which an experienced long-term disability insurance lawyer may arrange for you.
- Evidence Is King: It restricts your appeal to something like a review of your file after you have made your claim. You will not be able to provide further proof of your handicap at a later date. The best way to ensure that your claim is approved the first time around or that an appeal is successful is to work with an experienced ERISA attorney.
This law practice serves long-term disability claims with a high level of personal attention. Our excellent success record may be attributed to our team’s meticulous attention to the needs of every one of our customers.
CONTACT A LONG-TERM DISABILITY ATTORNEY
Make sure you’re well-informed about your legal options before submitting a long-term disability insurance claim. No upfront legal expenses are included in their great customer service. The best way to get a free consultation is to phone or visit their website.